Tuesday, June 2, 2015

PVC posts/ skeleton of fence

For the posts/ skeleton of the fence:
The PVC pipe posts are approximately 5' apart.

In the area where there was no fence:
For the fence posts I hammered 3' long steel stakes 1/2 way in the ground (attempting to keep them straight) then I placed the 6' long 3/4" PVC pipe over the spikes.
At the top of the posts I used a + connector so I could connect the posts together at the top.  Then a 45 degree connector on top with 1 1/2' connected to that for the overhang.


There is already a 6' tall wood fence across the front.  I attached some PVC pipe to the fences using conduit straps on the wood fence.  I skipped the cross sections and just went straight to the 45 degree angle PVC pipe connectors.  I used 3' of deer fencing across the top here, stapling the deer fencing to the wood.


There is a chain link fence between us and our neighbors. I made sure the neighbor did not mind me attaching the PVC pipe etc to the fence and they were fine with it.
I did use + connectors at the top (before the 45 degree connector) though it may have been overkill.

I used stainless steel hose clamps to strap the PVC pipe to the chain link fence posts.


Between the chain link fence posts I used the 3' long steel stakes like the free standing section.

I again used 3' of  deer fencing across the top here, using the 8" zip ties to attach the deer netting to the top rail of the chain link fence.

1 comment:

  1. Our quality Rolling / sliding driveway power gates are our specialty! This type of gate utilizes a ground mounted V-Guide tracking system. Guide rollers are used to provide a smooth sliding gate.split rail fence cost

    ReplyDelete